Position’s Location: East Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Administrative Assistant/Business Operations team provides ongoing, reliable and professional administrative support to leadership team and IT, Business Operations or other administrative departments.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- General administrative support
- Communication with internal caregivers and external vendors
- Data gathering/Information tracking
- Document, spreadsheet and correspondence coordination
- Scheduling and meeting/event management
- Transaction monitoring and spreadsheet maintenance
- Answer, screen, monitor and respond to phone calls, visitors and emails.
- Assist with organizing and processing invoices
- Assist with document management and organization
- Assist with preparation of presentations and research
- Coordinate meetings and events
- Coordinate and send timely communication to internal and external stakeholders with updates about department activities
- Draft effective and tactful letters and documents and providing content input. Track responses and follow up tasks.
- Draft meeting agendas, attending meetings upon request, documenting and capturing key details, tracking responsibility for associated follow-up tasks
- Communicate positively and directly with prospective, new and existing employees.
- Facilitate interview scheduling, feedback processing, and onboarding details for hiring.
- Maintain key records and files (paper and electronic)
- Manage, arrange, prioritize, and communicate calendar and schedules for leaders
- Maintain organization charts, phone lists and other relevant contact lists on a bi-weekly basis
- Maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information related to customers, the company, and internal employees
- Monitor leaders e-mail upon request to ensure urgent issues are addressed during any out of office periods
- Support leaders with administrative functions, including but not limited to maintaining appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel itineraries
- Support general office operations (running errands, procuring supplies, organizing meeting rooms, etc.)
- Transcribing, formatting, and maintaining accurate records in various application systems regarding caregivers, external vendor and internal customer interactions and other departmental activities Perform various word processing duties in forms, tables, charts, schedules using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and other health system software
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: