Children's National Health System
This position is eligible for a $4,000.00 Sign On Bonus for Non-CNMC employees.
As the nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Medical Center is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education. We accomplish this through:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families.
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges.
In this role you will be responsible for performing the full spectrum of pulmonary function studies; spirometry , plethysmography, oximetry, oscillography, metabolic studies, and specialty studies (e.g., hypoxia, oxygen titration, exercise, and methacholine challenge) in accordance with ATS standards and hospital policies and procedures. All members of the lab staff are expected to provide educational encounters for patients and their families covering all forms of Airway Clearance Techniques and all respiratory medications and equipment used in the home. Will serve as a resource person to clinic personnel in respiratory-related matters. The RCP-II will maintain all skills and knowledge sufficient to provide safe, effective, and appropriate care to patients of all ages, including neonates, infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and adults.
Specific Requirements and PreferencesLevel of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a minimum of two years of college training in an AMA approved Respiratory Care program All Respiratory Care Practitioners must demonstrate evidence of licensure with the District of Columbia Regulatory Agency and either Maryland and/or Virginia prior to reporting for the first shift of clinical work. Must be able to demonstrate competency in diagnostic testing prior to completion of initial 90 days. All licensures and professional credentialing are expected to be kept current. The employee is responsible for monitoring these requirements and attending the necessary courses needed to meet these requirements.
- Associates Degree ( or equivalent)
- BS in RC or Science related field preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory agency requirements (e.g., JCAHO, DC DOH, HIPAA). Demonstrates basic knowledge of operation of CPAP and BiPAP equipment and patient interfaces. Proficient in operation of apnea monitors.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred (RRT)
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)
- Must be credentialed as a Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT) as a minimum credential upon hire.
- Certification in Pulmonary Function Technology (CPFT) required.
- DC licensure required
Note: PRN position also available.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To review the full posting and apply, visit:
Children’s National Health System is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: