Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Carson City, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides bedside respiratory care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician’s written order for both in-house and out-patient care
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees, therapists, and other health care providers.
- Maintains minimum level of competency as described in the Orientation, Training and Competency manual.
- Communicates with physicians in matters relevant to patient status. Works in collaboration with other health professionals to ensure effective management of patient care.
- Maintains and troubleshoots respiratory equipment to ensure the accuracy of results and safety according to regulatory requirements
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment for pulmonary function testing and respiratory therapy.
- Collects QI data as requested.
- Educates patient and family members/other caregivers as to the planned therapy, goals, and disease management.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment
- May be required to perform other diagnostic procedures. Diagnostic procedures may include, cardiac stress testing, cardiac event monitoring, Echocardiograms, Electroencephalograms, Holter monitoring, and Pulmonary Function Testing.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: